Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Hi there! Sorry I've been Missing In Action. Sometimes I can't think of a thing to blog about - and other times, I'm too busy! SO today I'll just jot down a bunch of random things that have been happening.
1. My latest 'work in progress' is a finalist in the "Touched By Love" inspirational contest! I needed this affirmation very badly and am very grateful for the lovely judges who liked my work. Will find out at the end of July where I ended up in the final round.
2. Hit some milestones in May - hence the 'busyness' of my life. My husband and I achieved 25 years of marriage. Whew! That's a big one. We had a nice dinner out together (minus the kids). Someday when we have money, I'd love to travel. Maybe by our 30th?
3. The other big milestone (dare I confess) was turning 50! Friends of mine took me out to the King Edward Hotel in Toronto to have high tea. Very British! It was amazing! The decor, the gorgeous china, the architecture, and , of course, the FOOD! The tea was amazing as well. You got to pick your blend from a selection of little glass jars. They added the leaves to your pot and kept refilling it with hot water. I swear I drank 4 pots in less than 2 hours. Which lead to checking out the lovely bathrooms! LOL.
4. My daughter's volleyball team went to Vancouver for the National Championships and did quite well. They came 4th in tier two! Way to go Peel Selects! I did not go with her, but my husband did. I had to stay home because our son was having his Confirmation that weekend. So I had a small family celebration for him. For one whole weekend, I had a very tidy house! Two less people to dirty it up.
5. The other family milestone was my great-uncle celebrated his 70th anniversary as a priest! We went downtown Toronto to participate in the festivities and saw quite a few relatives that I haven't seen in a while.
So as you can see, I have been a little pre-occupied. The next milestone is my son's Grade 8 graduation on Monday. Then maybe I can look forward to my two week summer vacation! And some sleep!
Cheers until next time!